So, my first week as guild leader was rather, uh, interesting.
- Recruited four people into the guild, one of which brought an alt with him. Another asked if I could invite his friend too, bringing the total to five!
- Guild ranks have been fixed up and the officer alts now have their own classification.
- Promoted a long-time guild member to officer. I could have sworn he had been one before. He helped me fix up the guild ranks and came up with the names.
- Cleaned up and organized the guild vault with the help of another guild officer. Now you can actually find things!
- Took part in alliance discussions, culminating in three guilds joining the alliance.
- Lost about 20 toons, mostly due to an officer doing a much needed inactivity purge. However, I also lost several people because they took offense at the actions of some alliance members. Still on good terms with one of them though.
- Three officers are spending more of their time playing WoW than WAR.
- One officer left the guild entirely. We spoke beforehand and I understood his reasons. I told him he could keep his alt in the guild, which he was happy about :)
- A previous guild leader tried asking me to give him leadership. The resulting exchange that occurred means I won’t be /waving at him for a while.
There you have it, my first week as a guild leader. Still learning as I go along, but my alliance and two of my officers are really helping me out.